Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1 1995

I still remember the day so clearly. It was cold, rainy and still quite dark.  It didn't feel like fantastic spring day we had thought we would have for our opening day.  We threw open the doors to our boutique on Queen Street West, ready for the thousands of people to come rushing through!  I wouldn't say we had thousands come through that day, but we did have a ton of friends, family and incredible supporters.  I do remember our first official sale, ( the one my dad made doesn't count!) She was a cute blonde girl about my age, who thought this was the greatest idea.  She bought up a bunch of our vintage coats, and two of the skirts that we had made out of old prom dresses.  I think she even paid by cheque..Hilarious! ( no debit in the dark ages)...I remember thinking how awesome this is, how fun it is to see people loving what you do. So I want to thank you cute little blonde girl ( and your cheque book) for igniting a passion within me, that will last a life time....well at least another 19 years! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jules! I can't quite remember when I first discovered Preloved...Maybe 2006? And even since then, there's been so many changes -- the Queen St. fire, new location, and now the move to online. But Preloved has always been part of my wardrobe. You should be so proud of your accomplishments. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete